These Terms & Conditions (“T&C”) specify how Majan Telecommunication L.L.C. (operating under the commercial brand name “Renna Mobile” – also “we”, ”us” and “our” in this document) will provide telecommunication services to “you”, our “Customer”. In addition, these Terms & Conditions describe other specific points we would like to highlight to you.
By accessing our website or self-care MOBILE application irrespective of Device or method, it is assumed that you agree to comply with the terms and conditions as following. Please note, we reserve all the rights to change or modify the terms and conditions from time to time depending on the market or legal or statutory requirements subject to TRA approvals and same will be amended in the website and Social Media.
Self-Care application Access: User Name – Password – Other Information
1. You may be asked to Log-in to access the self-care application provided by us, and the credentials, you choose must not be obscene, threatening, menacing, racist, offensive, derogatory, defamatory or violate any property right of any third party.
2. We may ask you to provide your credentials whenever it is required for safety and security reasons. By providing the credentials, you confirm us that the credentials provided are true, accurate and right. You agree and permit us to notify for any changes / mistakes in your log-in credentials.
3. All credentials related to your log-in is completely private. You are responsible for all actions that take place using your credentials. Any share of credentials will be considered as a violation committed by you. If the credentials are at risk, then it becomes your duty to notify us to block your account from misuse.
4. Please note, we may change the credentials any time for national security reasons or for legal requirements without prior notice.
5. We shall put our best efforts to secure your credentials used. But internet being not a complete secure environment; unwanted – illegal programs may access your credentials and may make them accessible to others. Please note, this can happen without any authorization or notification. In such circumstances, we do not take any responsibilities of the security of your credentials but we ensure you to provide best possible service in such circumstances.
6. Service interruptions: The interruptions are mainly due to periodic maintenance and carried out after midnight in a manner not to impact users. In case of an interruption due to emergency cases, they are handled as soon as possible. And in both cases the users are notified by text messages.
About the content of the Website
1. All information – text – data – software – photograph – music – sound – video – graphics – logo – symbol – designs – moving image and everything is there in the website is termed as CONTENT of the Website. It will be refereed as CONTENT hence forth.
1.1 People with special needs like challenges of hearing and speech – can communicate via the website through the chat window with the call center or social media or by calling to call center.
2. We are the sole owner (or have legal access to other third party content) of the content of the website
3. This content is not transferable but for viewing purpose only. You can copy / save this content privately without making any change or edit or modify or reformat or adapt the content.
4. Without any written permission from us, you are not allowed to use this content commercially – share the content with anyone – grant any kind of access to anyone
5. We ensure the content of the website is up to date and correct with our best effort. We should not be counted accountable for any losses caused due to any misunderstanding of the content of the website.
6. The website may permit access or may get accessed by third party website or content; in all such situations, we accept no responsibility for their content or services.
7. We cannot guarantee legality or unlawfulness of the third party contents either transmitted or accessible via this website.
8. We have no liability for any loss or damage in your account due to accessing third party website or content
9. Violating any of the above will be considered as criminal offence and will be treated accordingly. You also will be informing us any unauthorized use – access – edit – modification – reformatting – adaptation of the content.
1. We agree to supply you with the Services ordered through the Customer Registration Form or via equally relevant digital channel. By signing or digitally signing the form you accept that these Terms & Conditions will govern our relationship, including the provision of telecommunications services to you.
2. Under these Terms & Conditions we agree to provide our Services only to you. Therefore, you may not transfer our Services to anyone else without our prior written consent. The transfer of our Services to another person can be completed at any Renna Mobile shop or dealer, subject to Clause 4.
3. More details of our Services can be found at http://www.rennamobile.com/or by calling our customer Service Center, via free short-code 1240 from your Renna Mobile number within Oman.
1. Relevant Service Tariffs apply from the moment the Services are provided to you. A current version of the Service Tariffs is available on our website http://www.rennamobile.com/present-promotions/#InternetPromotions or by calling our customer Service Center on 1240 from your Renna Mobile number.
2. We reserve the right to revise existing Service Tariffs in accordance with Omani Laws and Regulations. We may also make changes to our Services including introduction of new Services and withdrawal of existing Services with adequate TRA approvals.
Registration of Customers
1. In accordance with the Oman Regulations, identity of all customers must be verified. Accordingly, you must provide us with your correct and complete information when you sign up as Customer through the registration form application at the point of activations or via Customer Registration.
2. Customer is required to keep us up-to-date if the provided information changes at a later stage
3. If you are an Omani national, you must provide us a copy of your original National ID. For residents, you must provide us a copy of your valid Omani Resident Card, or in case of visitor a valid Passport document and visitor visa stamp, in case the customer is a temporary visitor to the Sultanate.
4. Please note that according with Oman Regulations, you cannot have more than 10 mobile numbers registered under your ID.
1. We agree to keep your customer data and personal information confidential, and we will only make them available to third parties with your prior consent. However, according to Oman Regulations, we may disclose your data and personal information to law enforcement agencies or emergency services agencies, if we are requested to do so by those agencies, and only in accordance with the laws governing those agencies.
2. We may monitor your use of our Services and record calls made to Service Center, for training, financial control, quality control and regulatory purposes, and we may contact you on an ad-hoc or regular basis to inform you about our Services, Service tariff or any other information we deem important to you. You can request to stop communicating with you regarding the promotions’ offers via any our social media channels.
1. You agree to be responsible for all usage (including Calls, SMS, MMS, Data and other services) made from your Renna Mobile number, and you shall pay the corresponding Service tariff independent of who consumed the Services from your Renna Mobile number. In particular, if your SIM-card is lost or stolen, you agree to be responsible for the use and corresponding Service Tariffs until you have registered the SIM-card as lost with our Service Center.
1.1 Customer can use Renna Mobile services by using “My Renna” App
2. You agree to use our Services responsibly and in compliance with Oman Laws and Regulations. In particular, you agree not use our Services to:
2.1 circulate anything that may contain data or information meant to cause harm to the national security or the public interest; or
2.2 propagate or convey any data or information which is incorrect or may cause harm to the safety of any person or efficiency of any service; or
2.3 violate public order or decency, or promote any material or goods that violate the provisions of the applicable laws; or
2.4 restrict freedom of religious belief or cause harm or nuisance to others, or make offensive, indecent or threatening calls, send unsolicited, offensive, indecent or threatening SMS, spam others or commit fraud or any other criminal offence.
3. Furthermore, you agree not to:
3.1 Use unlicensed telecommunications services or equipment that has not been type approved by the Oman Regulator; or
3.2 infringe the privacy or secrecy of data belonging to any other person, or damage, alter or delete any data or information belonging to others; or
3.3 intercept, receive, record any message belonging to others and which are carried through the telecommunications network.
4. In addition, you agree to and you will:
4.1 follow our reasonable instructions in using our Services; and
4.2 not resell our Services, and in particular not resell any Renna Mobile telephone numbers or SIM-cards; and
4.3 When you buy Renna Mobile SIM-card without an intention to use our Services or not terminated our Services through Mobile Number Portability until you have tested our Services for reasonable time as per Regulation from the SIM-card’s activation date; and
4.4 not use our Services in any way that breaches the intellectual property right of any third party; and
4.5 inform us immediately if your Renna Mobile SIM-card is lost or stolen; and
4.6 Remain responsible, in accordance with these Terms & Conditions, for all Renna Mobile SIM-cards registered under your name and ID, also if the SIM-card is used by someone else.
1. Roaming relies on the telecommunications systems provided by foreign networks over which Renna Mobile has no control.
2. When you use telecommunications services outside Oman, you are responsible for complying with all local laws and regulations governing such use.
3. Relevant Service tariff apply from the moment the Services are provided to you. A current version of the Service Tariff for roaming is available on our website http://www.rennamobile.com/roaming/ or by calling our customer Service Center on 1240 from your Renna Mobile number.
1. Renna Mobile is responsible to provide the service to its customers. We can Suspend or Terminate our Services to you wholly or partially without notice in the event that:
1.1 we, with sufficient reason, suspect that you are failing to comply with these Terms and Conditions in any way, in particular if we suspect that unusual or fraudulent activity is occurring on the account, including but not limited to recharging with stolen or fraudulent credit/debit cards or entering incorrect recharge codes several times in a row; or
1.2 we are required to do so by the TRA, Public Prosecutor or Court.
2. In line with Oman Regulations, we shall Suspend our Services, if your account is not recharged with new credit within 180 days from Customer’s last Recharge (“Suspension Date”)
2.1 Duration of suspension period (“Suspension Period”) is 30 days from Suspension Date,
2.2 During Suspension Period, Customer can still receive calls/SMS, and Customer credit / prepaid balance will remain within the account,
2.3 On the Customer recharge within the Suspension Period, we shall re-activate all suspended services and amount / balance of the Suspension Date shall be credited back to the Customer account along with the new recharge amount,
2.4 If customer does not recharge within 30 days from Suspension date, (“Termination Date”), then all services will be terminated / stopped on Termination Date. (i.e. the customer will not be receiving call/sms), and still you take back the remaining credit / balance.
3. The MSISDN Renna Mobile number remains in the system for 60 days from Termination Date, (“Quarantine Period”). Noting that you still have the right to recover the remaining balance whenever the number is activated during that period.
4. During Quarantine Period, customer can reallocate the number claim registered number by visiting any Renna Mobile SIM Activation point and request for SIM Replacement. And in case you want to reallocate it, it will be your priority but if the number is not claimed within Quarantine Period, the MSISDN mobile number gets recycled and can be reissued to a new customer. You will not have the right to request a refund of the balance that was remaining in your account.
Notwithstanding Renna Mobile’s obligations as a licensee under the Law, the Regulations and its License Conditions, is not liable to you or any other user of our Services for any loss of business, revenue, profits or anticipated savings, data being lost or corrupted, or any other loss including any consequential or indirect damages, suffered by you or any other user of our Services, however caused, including, but not limited to, non-availability of our Network or Services, loss, late receipt or non-readability of any message or communication, or for the content, accuracy or quality of information or resources made available, received or transmitted through the use of our Services except for cases determined by law or those decided by the competent judge.
For Assistance or Complaints
Should you experience any problems with our Services or if you require any form of assistance, we will make all possible efforts to help you through any of the following channels:
1. Call our Service Center on +968 9160 0000 from any phone anywhere in the world, or free short code 1240 from your Renna Mobile SIM-card in Oman)
2. Download our “My Renna” self-care mobile application from your store or
3. Visit any Renna Mobile shop or a dealer, details of our authorized resellers can be found at: http://www.rennamobile.com/where-to-buy/
4. Send a letter to “Majan Telecommunication LLC”, Customer Service, P.O. Box 180, P.C. 102, Al Qurum, Sultanate of Oman.
5. If Renna Mobile fails to respond to your complaint within a reasonable period, or if you are not satisfied with our response, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Oman is empowered to resolve disputes between you and Renna Mobile in accordance with the TRA’s rules and regulations. This is applicable either “within 30 days of receiving Renna Mobile response to your complaint” or “45 days from your complaint date and in case, you did not receive response from Renna Mobile”.
6. This agreement is governed by the laws of Oman and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Oman.
* You are allowed to call the emergency numbers in the absence of a balance.
MAJAN Telecommunication LLC has a Class II telecom license in the Sultanate of Oman and offers Communication Services under the brand Renna Mobile within the Territory.